FOAMULAR Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Rigid Foam Insulation offers a comprehensive product line of insulation boards in a wide choice of sizes, thicknesses and edges with a Lifetime Limited Warranty for the life of the home or building. Foam insulation boards are easy to handle, score, cut and install & no special tools are needed. Rigid foam insulation products can be used on wood, steel framing or concrete walls. FOAMULAR XPS resists moisture and retains R-value even after exposure to standing water and wet soil. Only XPS foam to be GREENGUARD Gold Certified and the first XPS foam certified by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) to contain a minimum of 20% recycled content.
- Dimensions: 1/2 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft.
- Insulation Application: Exterior above grade walls, underneath vinyl siding / claddings
- Closed cell rigid insulation foam boards are highly moisture-resistant and helps to block mildew
- Rigid foam insulation has a higher R-value than wood fiber, plywood or 1/2 in. gypsum board products
- Click here to shop Loctite foamboard adhesive
- FOAMULAR 150 and 250 are available in various thicknesses and R-values, the difference is the compressive strength. FOAMULAR 150 has a compressive strength of 15 psi and FOAMULAR 250 is 25 psi
- FOAMULAR is not rated for STC (sound transmission) and does not have any soundproofing properties. Owens Corning fiberglass batts and rolls are great options for acoustic applications.
- When using FOAMULAR or any low perm insulation, always verify the moisture vapor flow and dew point characteristics of the wall system. Please check your local building codes for vapor retarder/barrier information.
- If being used in an interior construction application, painting the FOAMULAR is not recommended as FOAMULAR cannot be left exposed and will need to be covered by a 15 minute thermal barrier such as drywall.
- If being used for crafts, acrylic or latex based paints can be used with FOAMULAR products.
- If you’re looking to insulate your garage door, Owens Corning Garage Door Insulation Kit is an easy, fast and affordable way to keep your garage warm in winter and cool in the summer.
- If you’re looking to ventilate your attic rafters, Owens Corning Raft-R-Mate is a XPS foam vent designed to assure unrestricted airflow from the soffit to the ridge vent.
- FOAMULAR is available in two edge configurations:
- Square Edge – designed to fit flush next to adjoining boards
- Scored Square Edge – comes with 3 factory scores, so that you can take a 4′ sheet, break it in two and have two, 2′ wide sheets (middle score), or you can break it into three 16″ wide pieces by snapping at the left and right score.
To see other Insulative Sheathing options from Home Depot Options, visit the Eco Options insulative sheathing category
*Prices are subject to change on the Home Depot website*